Exporting Query Data to Excel for making Charts

Kemidan2014

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am sure this is my limited knowledge about Access functionality but,

What would be the proper way to run a procedure to export data from a query in format to which counts and sums are already done? I am sure I will have to employ some VBA to do this. I can Chart the Data just fine with in Access but Excel has way more Chart Formating options and the Modern Charts in Access 2016 do not have the style charts I need to complete the report.

Is there a way to do this?

the query I run takes a table of 1200 records and filters it 66 based on the Year, Supplier code, When it exports is just the table of data itself, not graphable if i just highlight and plop a chart.

With in that year we want to count for example Complaints by Customer
Complaints by product type, how many bad parts per product (seperate query) etc.

obviously Access Chart builder does alot of the math work for you. but in excel i would have to take the table data and run further formulas to create the table needed for the graph. But is there a way to export the data already in that format?

end goal is to make a button on a "Front page" Form to run this procedure and show the graphed data.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
What I did in the past:
- created Access query as required
- created chart with all series based on dynamic named ranges
- used Access code to delete named range values, then push query data into named ranges (this is Automation).
Worked fairly well. Was even a bit more complicated than that might seem since the wb was in a Sharepoint server.
I use this source for automation

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice! it will take some time to build on this, I will follow up if I have any more questions!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back