exporting query from access

abrown

Board Regular
I am working with a database that I have read only access to.
I would like to Export a query (191,000 records) to a table in a seperate database.

When I try to do File-Export it exports it as a query which doesn't work in my new database b/c I don't have the tables.

I tried creating a Make-table query to the new database but that doesn't do anything. Am I doing something wrong here?

Any other ways to easily get this info out of one database and into another?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Does it allow you to link the underlying tables (that make up the query you need) to your new database?

Then you should be able to use this same query in your new database.

Upvote 0
It does but those tables are linked to an AS400 system and I don't want to mess with those. I would prefer to export the static data from the query on a regular basis.

Upvote 0
Then why not export it to a text file and then import that into your new database?

If you had more than read-only access, you could do a Make Table query in the original database, then export that new table to your new database.

Upvote 0
Ok I can do a make table query even though it is a read only database but I get this error "decimal fields percision too small to accept numeric you attempted to add"
I tried going into the table in the new database and changing the Percision property to the highest (28) on all number fields but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
At what point are you getting this error? When performing the Make Table Query, or when exporting the table? How exactly are you exporting the table?

If you are doing the Make Table Query and creating the new table in the old (original) database, you should be able to just link this table to your new database.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back