exporting to Outlook 2000

jtrade

Forgive me if this is too basic a question for this forum, to which I am new. Prior to reformatting my W2000 hard drive this weekend, I exported my Outlook 2000 inbox, sent items & contacts to 3 Excel 2000 files, using the Outlook Import / Export wizard. I naively figured that it would be a straightforward process of using the same wizard in reverse to restore my data. What actually happens is that the 3,000-odd inbox emails are all stored in no particular order in one untitled folder (my standard setup is to store in folders sorted by sender)and the contacts list now has a big list of names before the usual A-Z categories without any address details. The imported emails have only a few lines of text, with no sign of any attachments. I have not tried importing the Sent Items, but have deleted the non-functional imported data, which is still sitting within Excel.
Does anyone please know how I have to reformat the 3 Excel files such that they will import back into the relevant Outlook folders (eg. the Inbox emails sort themselves by sender)? Thanks, J.
This message was edited by jtrade on 2002-10-26 11:05

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I don't believe you CAN export EMAILS to Excel.

You can export contacts and such.

NEXT time...copy any PST files on your hard drive before wiping. THOSE are ALL your emails, contacts, everything. And you just hook Outlook back up to it when you get going again.

Wish I had something nice to say. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back