Exporting Word doc review comments to Excel with some context

falcon74

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Found this relatively older thread on this forum, which had a note stating that I should create a separate thread. I am interested in achieving the same end goal, but being a Word and Excel n00b (especially when it comes to using macros and VBA scripts), I was seeking some clarifications.

My aim is to be able to export all review comments in a set of Word (MS Office365) document into an Excel file (with same name as the Word doc, barring the file extension, of course). However when exporting the review comments, I'd like to be able to capture information like page number, line number, heading, sub-heading, sub-sub-heading etc. and the line on which the comment was placed for context. I'd like all of this information to be exported into the Excel file, such that each row corresponds to one comment (along with the reviewer information), unless a comment has a set of responses such as from document owners, other reviewers or other contributors.

My questions then are:
- Will the VBA script in the referred older thread, work on MS O365 Word docs ?
- Will the VBA script be able to extract comments when the comments are threaded, with multiple responders ?
- If not, can anyone suggest how to modify the VBA script to extract the threaded comments
- More fundamentally, is the VBA script to be added to the documents in question, or the MS Word application ?
- Is there a way to add the VBA script to multiple Word documents from the command-line (Windows command prompt), i.e. without opening docs in Word indivually and then adding the VBA scripts.

Thanks in anticipation.
F

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back