Expression based on =Sum fields

KnoxCassy4865

:confused: I am creating a report in Access 2007 where I have my Sum Total Fields using the control source as =Sum([curEstAmount]) and =Sum([curCost]) This totals my amounts but when I want to get the accurate Profit % the =Sum does not work correctly, only giving me the Sum %Profit not the actual Profit based on the Sum Totals.

I have in my query the expression Profit: ([curEstAmount]-[curCost])/[curCost] which calculates the correct Profit % for each individual record, I just want this to run the same expression using the Sum Totals.

I have tried all the different Summary options that Access has to offer but does not give me the correct % that I am looking for. Please help. Thanks so much!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
What maybe happening is that you are calculating based on the field names, but in the report the name of the object has to be used, so if sumofTotal is used on the report it maybe named as text01 and you would have to use text01

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back