Expression.Error - 2 arguments were passed to a function which expects 1 error on loading spreadsheet with pivot tables and data source

nanderson

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a series of Excel spreadsheets that have connections back to an Access Database table. I also have a series of pivot tables in each of these spreadsheets to display different information. I have the data table and the pivot tables set up to auto refresh when opening the sheet. On my computer I have no issues with these updating. Another co-worker has no issues with these updating, but someone else in our office is receiving an error and she has the same permissions that we have. The error that she is getting is below:

image.png

The only difference between her Office application and mine is that she has 2016 and I have 2019, but I don't feel that should make a difference.

The data table is linked back to a database that is on a shared network drive, which this person receiving the error and myself both have access to and have the same rights.

Does anyone have any idea's on what can be done to fix this issue?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I'm having the same issue. The Excel file works on multiple computers, but one is having an issue. We all have the same permissions/access to the same shared folders.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. The Excel file works on multiple computers, but one is having an issue. We all have the same permissions/access to the same shared folders.
What version of Office does your computer have?
What version does this other computer that is having issues have?
Have all Office updates been applied to the problem computer?

Upvote 0
I personally use 2 computers that the Excel file works correctly on. Both use Excel 2016: a 64-bit Windows with 64-bit Excel and a 64-bit Windows with a 32-bit Excel.

The problem computer is a 64-bit Windows with a 32-bit Excel (2016). I had her repair the Microsoft Office app and that did not work.

I am not sure on the Office updates. I can look into that and follow up.

Upvote 0
Are you using Power Query?
I searched this error message on the internet, and all the articles I found seem to refer to Power BI/Power Query.

I found this thread here, which suggests that you may need to check that they also have the correct version of Power Query:

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you for your response. After looking into it you were correct. The Power Query versions were not compatible.

I appreciate your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back