External internet links in hanging file

screaming

Hi all

When I open a file I am getting various error messages saying " downloading, opening:https://mydanaher.com/documents and settings/MikeG/Local Settings/Temporaty Internet Files/OLK19/TEMP/2000PD-White-Nove00.xls and various other links.

Message then says it can't access file, then another messages says "cannot locate the internet server or proxy server", it then hangs.

I have no idea where these links come from. They don't appear in the data, edit links box. I can't see any formulas link to them either.

How do I get rid of them? I'm panicking as templates are due out today and this was what was picked up in the testing stage.

Also is there a macro or solution which lists all the formula cell addresses in my file with external links.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Screaming Orchid

Attachments

• error message external links.PNG
    error message external links.PNG
    86 KB · Views: 28

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Is it only one file that has the problem?

Upvote 0
Is it only one file that has the problem?
It is more than one file, different versions of the same file. I've had it before when I receive excel files from external accounts- full of external internet links. not sure how to get rid of them.

Upvote 0
See if you can locate Bill Manville's FindLink add-in, which is a good place to start.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have the same problem... Getting a message about MikeG local settings but there's no one in my company with that username. I was able to find and remove the bad links, but it's alarming to see a link to an unfamiliar url.

Jenni

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have the same problem... Getting a message about MikeG local settings but there's no one in my company with that username. I was able to find and remove the bad links, but it's alarming to see a link to an unfamiliar url.

Jenni
Yes I think I've also got MikeG local settings. It is alarming, I'm going to inform our IT department. It's I have about 20 of these and it's grinding my model to a halt. Did you have macros in your file?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back