External Links Issue

James_Latimer

Using: Excel 2013

Hello, i have a workbook showing that i have external links, i am struggling to locate them.

After a lot of messing around i found that the links are on one worksheet (i found this by deleting a single sheet at a time and then checking the links). The strange thing is that if i delete all cells on that worksheet along with any shapes that are on there (including graphs) the links remain. However, if i delete the worksheet itself then the links are removed.

I have checked named ranges, checked formulas linking to external workbooks and checked graphs for external links but i cant find anything.

Is there any reason why the links arent removed when i delete everything within the worksheet, but the links are removed if i delete the sheet itself?

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you kind people!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Any named ranges on the sheet? If you are sure you don't want the links break them in the Data|Edit Links tab

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post!

There are named ranges on the sheet but nothing that is showing anything 'dodgy'. No graphs on the sheet and no formulas containing the old [ symbol etc.

I've tried deleting all the named ranges on the sheet but this has no effect. The only way i can remove them is by deleting the sheet itself. Also, i have tried breaking the links (and then worry about the 'fallout' after) but when i click on 'break links' nothing happens. I'm assuming that my avatar on here is more accurate than i first thought!

Upvote 0
Sh@t the bed... just found it. Conditional Formatting was the issue. I removed the conditional formatting from all cells and the links have now gone. Sorry for being stupid.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtariBaby

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back