Extract Certain Numbers from a Cell

OrderTester1

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I need to extract footage from a cell that contains numbers and text (i.e. T340 BLK BRD PDM STM 3/4"x100) I need to extract the 100 because this is the footage. Sometimes, it'll just be the footage like 100, 50, 25 and then some of the cells have the footage symbol so it'll be 100', 50', 25'. Someone else created the spreadsheet and it's inconsistent. I would've had the footage symbol after all footage. Also, the footage is usually at the end of the string in the cell. In any case, I want to extract the footage number from the cell containing text and numbers, to another cell. I had created a formula or maybe used Power Query, but it would still take some of the other numbers and text out and combine it with the footage (so the cell wasn't just the footage number). Some sells would just be the footage like 100, 50, 25, etc.,, but then other cells would contain parts of the text or or other numbers (i.e. 3/4"X100). Thus, I had to review over 11,000 cells and correct the footage cells so that it only had the footage in a number format without anything else (i.e. 100, 50, 25). Do you know of a formula to do this?

Yes, that's what I did. I used your formula and then just went in and manually corrected those other cells, but the formula helped a great deal and I appreciate the support on this. Thanks, again.
Excellent!
Yes, dealing with inconsistent, unpredictable data can be such a pain!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back