Extract data from one tab based on input date in a second tab

ILMWT

Here is an image of what I am hoping to accomplish: https://imgur.com/y7uP2af

Whether VBA or another way, I would really like to solve this. I am open to ideas. I initially tried to do it based on a vlookup, but the vlookup picks up the first in the range so it just brought in duplicates.

The image will likely explain it better but:

The issue is that I have two tabs. One upcoming dates and information about contacting customers. And another where it will show me those customers I will need to contact. What I need is something along the lines of this:
The tab called tab1, column A, is populated with dates. I want to lookup the ones that match a date from a dropdown menu in tab2, it will be cell J2. I want the results to populate in tab2 tab from A1 and B1 downward. I just want to make sure it does not duplicate the data. Does that make sense?

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
I'd try a Pivot Table with Date in the Filter field, or use a Timeline Slicer if you have Excel 2013.

Upvote 0
Do you know of a way to get the pivot table to filter based on a =Today() formula in a given cell? Otherwise I like that. Much simpler method that way.

Upvote 0
Do you know of a way to get the pivot table to filter based on a =Today() formula in a given cell?

Interesting thought. You could use the Sheet_Activate event to change the filter.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back