ravecake

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Background
Please refer to [screencap_depositrates.png] below.

This is a pdf of deposit rates I receive every morning. The numbers (e.g. 3.13) are the interest rates, and the words next to the numbers are the names of banks and their country/region of operation (e.g. BBVA HK = Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (Hong Kong branch)). These rates are grouped by tenor (maturity), so in simple terms e.g. in the 2 month group "3.98 BANK OF CHINA TPE" means that Bank of China (Taipei branch) is demanding a rate of 3.98 for deposits maturing in 2 months.

As seen, sometimes there are multiple banks demanding the same rate - these banks are separated by commas after the rate.

I have an excel sheet that I update every day with this data, as seen in [excel_depositrates_hide.png] - each day I make a new sheet for that day's rates, with each bank grouped according to region (Japan, China etc), and each region having a non-grouped average row that takes the average rate of all the banks in that region for that specific tenor (1M, 2M etc), such that when all the groups are collapsed an overview of all regions and their average rates is shown as per [excel_depositrates_unhide.png].

Question
Is there a way to have this pdf of data automatically fed into my excel workbook (presumably via VBA) to save the hassle of manually inputting each bank's rate into its respective cell?

Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• screencap_depositrates.png
    screencap_depositrates.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 14
  • excel_depositrates_hide.png
    excel_depositrates_hide.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 16
  • excel_depositrates_unhide.png
    excel_depositrates_unhide.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back