Extract data from rows in one table but place it into columns into another table

bo_danseuer

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
My data (dates, times, names, and guest/student numbers) are in one table (A9:e17). I need to create a second table as a sort of sign up sheet for each date/time. The tables need to be dynamic so that each time the admin person adds a date/time (in one table) the students can sign up accordingly (in the other one).

I need to extract the DATES for the month listed (from A10:A17) into columns I, J, K, L, etc. Then I need to LOOKUP the TIMES and the BOAT names that correspond to that date above (i've just typed them manually). And finally I need to LOOKUP the number of STUDENTS needed for each slot (in this case row 20 / col I, J, K, etc) and subtract the number of "x" that the students will make on the table when signing up.

I've tried 4 times to post with xl2bb but my system keeps crashing. Unable to paste to forum. Perhaps the image and the info above are enough?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 19.46.01.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 19.46.01.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 15

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
It's been a while since this was posted, maybe the answer is not needed anymore for the OP.

in I4:
VBA Code:
=INDEX($A$10:$C$50,COLUMN(A10),ROW(A10)-ROW($A$9))

in I20:
VBA Code:
=INDEX($E$10:$E$49,COLUMNS($I$19:I19))-I19

Upvote 0
It's been a while since this was posted, maybe the answer is not needed anymore for the OP.

in I4:
VBA Code:
=INDEX($A$10:$C$50,COLUMN(A10),ROW(A10)-ROW($A$9))

in I20:
VBA Code:
=INDEX($E$10:$E$49,COLUMNS($I$19:I19))-I19
Hey Leo,
Thanks for responding. Yes, I’m still needing help. It’s tedious manually. I look at your reply and get back to you. It may take me a bit as I’m away from my desk at the moment.

Upvote 0
Hey Leo,
Thanks for responding. Yes, I’m still needing help. It’s tedious manually. I look at your reply and get back to you. It may take me a bit as I’m away from my desk at the moment.
Did it work?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back