Extracting a list of values based on a multiple criteria

kylerisi

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi team.

We have a survey which asks our customers a series of questions in the form of radio options. At the end of the survey the customer has the option to input a free text response. This data exists as RAW CSV data and I am trying to extract all the user's free text answers from the spreadsheet. The below formula scans column E in Sheet 'Surveys All'!E:E for any values that DO NOT CONTAIN the below values (these are not free text answers)

• Very
  • Good
  • Quite
  • Not Very
  • No
  • Meh
  • Yes
  • Suggest a Quide

If it finds a match that does not contain the above, then the formula returns the name of the survey which is found in 'Surveys All'!C:C.

The array formula is then dragged down and all the names of the surveys that contain free text answers are then listed.

=ArrayFormula(IFERROR(INDEX('Surveys All'!C:C,SMALL(IF(LEFT('Surveys All'!$E:$E,5)<>"Very",IF(LEFT('Surveys All'!$E:$E,4)<>"Good",IF(LEFT('Surveys All'!$E:$E,5)<>"Quite",IF(LEFT('Surveys All'!$E:$E,8)<>"Not Very",IF(LEFT('Surveys All'!$E:$E,3)<>"No",IF(LEFT('Surveys All'!$E:$E,3)<>"Meh",IF(LEFT('Surveys All'!$E:$E,3)<>"Yes",IF(LEFT('Surveys All'!$C:$C,15)<>"Suggest a Guide",IF('Surveys All'!$E:$E<>"",ROW('Surveys All'!$E:$E)))))))))),ROW(2:2))),""))

However I need to make a small adjustment to my formula.

Instead of listing all surveys that contain free text answers, I only need the formula to list the surveys titles that match the title in A1

I.e: I need the formula to scan 'Surveys All'!C:C first and find a survey title that matches the title in A1. if it's a match then check to see if the value in collumn 'Surveys All'!E:E DOES NOT CONTAIN

• Very
  • Good
  • Quite
  • Not Very
  • No
  • Meh
  • Yes
  • Suggest a Quide

If it doesn't then return the name of the survey in 'Surveys All'!C:C.

If anyone can help me make this adjustment it would be a massive help

Anything is appreciated.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi,

Are you using Google Spreadsheet? your formula formatting and beginning with ArrayFormula seems to indicate so

Upvote 0
Hi,

If so, it would be easier to use the query formula

=QUERY(Surveys All'!C:E;"select C where C = '"&A1&"' AND NOT E contains 'Very' AND NOT E contains 'Good'")

Just continue repeating the "AND NOT E contains '...'" parts.

If you are in Excel, using a pivot table would be far easier, is that not an option?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back