Extracting data and copying to different worksheets

Sethanator

Hi!

I am very thankful for the opportunity to even articulate what i want to do - it's taken a while to get this point. Excel is fun, that's for sure, but the more i learn the more i realize what i don't know!

In my job, i keep track of a dozen or so accounts, that i keep in a workbook: master sheet has the "dashboard" look and the sheets represent each account. When i fill out check requests or credit card statements, I use a template and then i have to copy by hand that data to the respective accounts worksheet. Sometimes a check request has 12 different accounts on it and it's a redundant task! Is there a VBA or macro solution that will copy the data in the check request to the appropriate worksheets with a button push?

I'm new to VBA and Macros - i appreciate your patient and comprehensive guidance :)

Thank you so much!

Seth

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
there should be ways to do what you want, but without any details with regards to your file specificaitons and etc it's not possible for anyone to help you.

Upvote 0
there should be ways to do what you want, but without any details with regards to your file specificaitons and etc it's not possible for anyone to help you.

I'm happy to send the xls files to anyone who is willing to help... i cant attach them here.

Upvote 0
Great... Here's a stab at it:

The workbook contains my company budget. First tab is the check request tab - it is a blank form that i fill in on a regular basis. the columns on it are: date - for - service - account - amount.

The account is the specific number (and name) of the 20 or so accounts that are in the next 20 tabs.

When i create a check request on the first form, i would like a macro that will take the data on that whole request and transfer the amounts to the specific account tabs and keep adding more lines. so at the end of the year, in each account tab, i'll have all of the amounts requested for the whole year.

For example:
CHECK REQUEST TAB:

10/12/11 ----- Tom Jones ----- Piano Repair ----- 44250.0.35 ----- $ 350.00
10/14/11 ----- Dan Smith ----- Violin Repair ----- 44367.0.35 ----- 170.00
10/16/11 ----- Tony Hawk ----- Strings Gtr ----- 44867.0.35 ----- 18.00
TOTAL 538.00

I print this and give it our bookkeeper who pays the credit card bill with this amount.

When i run the macro, i'd like the three transactions above to be sent to their respective tabs(worksheets). That way ,i'll have a running total of the whole year, by account.
Then save the check request with a name i specify, then clear, and be ready for the next batch.

i have a summary page right after the check request tab that keeps a running total of all accounts and their totals that is simply data copied from the account tabs. (if that matters)

Does that help?
I'm learning how to use words to describe what my brain wants... thanks for your encouragement and help!

Seth

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back