Extracting Data from a schedule to make multiple schedules

gazz57

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
HI

I have a an excel spreadsheet with Locations along row one and dates running down column A row 2 to 32; 1st, 2nd, etc....

This setup is to generate a schedule for people to be in a particular location on a particular day in a month. This is completed manually every month. Often I might duplicate someone having them in 2 locations on the one day therefore nobody turns up at one of those locations which is one issue. The big issue i have is then i need to make an individual schedule for every person in the schedule i.e produce another work sheet to show dates in column A and the location that person is in beside the date. Again I do this manually.

I've been trying to figure out a better way to do this, possibly using Macros to automate the generation of individual rotas for each person etc.. but have been unsuccessful. Im not sure Excel can do what i'd like it to do. Maybe Access would be better?

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to generate individualised rotas based on the overall worksheet? See a sample worksheet below:

JunLocation 1Location 2Location 3Location 4Location 5Location 6Location 7Location 8Location 9Location 10
Sun 1strotaColin
Mon 2ndElinorDanielSiobhanConorMeganJohn McMaireadYvonneMichaelCath/Heather
Tues 3rdElinorAdrianKellyConorMeganJohn mCKeithYvonneDanielCath
Wed 4thMichaelColinKellyConorMeganJohn Mc/OdhranKeithAdrianDanielCath
Thur 5thElinorColmKellyConorMegan/MartySiobhanKeithYvonneDanielHeather/Lynsey
Fri 6thElinor/Michael/JoyceDanielKellyConorMeganAdrianJohn McYvonneMichaelCath
Sat 7thMichaelColinKellyAdrianSiobhanMaireadKeithYvonneJohn SJoyce
Sun 8thJoyce rotaGary rota
Mon 9thMichael/Joyce/SineadColinKellyConorLynseyMairead CJohn McYvonneDanielCath
Tues 10thMichael/Elinor/OdhranDanielKellyConorMegan/SiobhanJulieKeithYvonne/AdrianJohn SCath/Eimear*
Wed 11thMichael/ElinorDanielKelly/AdrianConorMegan/SiobhanJulieKeithMaireadStephenCath/Gary
Thur 12thElinor/JoyceMartyKellySiobhanMeganJulie/OdhranKeithAdrianStephenColin
Fri 13thMichael/Elinor/JoyceDanielKellyConorMeganJulieKeithAdrianStephenCath/Heather*
Sat 14thElinorDanielAdrianConorLynseyJulieKeithYvonneStephenCath
Sun 15thDaniel
Mon 16thMichael/EimearDanielSiobhanConorLynseyJulieMaireadYvonneStephenCath
Tues 17thMichael/Elinor/EimearColmKelly/SineadConor/DarranMeganJulieKeithYvonneStephenCath/Heather
Wed 18thMichael/Elinor/JoyceDaniel/ColmKelly/ConorDarranMegan/SiobhanJulie/MaireadKeithYvonneStephenCath/Heather
Thur 19thOdhran/JoyceDaniel/ColmKelly/ConorDarranMegan/MartyJulie/Mairead CKeithYvonneStephenCara/Lynsey
Fri 20thMichael/Sinead/ColinDanielKellyDarranMegan/ConorJulieKeithYvonneStephenCath/Lynsey
Sat 21stMichaelColinKellySiobhanMeganMaireadKeithAdrianJohn SJoyce
Sun 22ndrotaGeorge
Mon 23rdMichael/Eimear/OdhranDanielKellyJoyceLynsey/SiobhanMaireadKeithYvonne/AdrianStephenCath/Heather*
Tues 24thMichael/Joyce/OdhranColmKelly/ColinDarranConorJulieKeithYvonne/AdrianJohn sCath
Wed 25thMichael/OdhranDaniel/ColmKelly/sIOBHANDarranConorJulie/Mairead*KeithAdrianStephenCath/
Thur 26th/JoyceDaniel/ColmKellyDarranConor/SiobhanJulieOdhranYvonne/AdrianStephenCara
Fri 27thMichael/Eimear/DanielKellyDarranConorJulieKeithYvonneStephenCath/Heather
Sat 28thDanielJohn/AdrianConorLynseyJulieKeithYvonneStephenCath
Sun 29thEdel B
Mon 30thMichael/EimearDanielKellySiobhanMeganJulieMaireadYvonneStephenCath/Heather

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Sometimes, the best solution is to use a different tool.
I think AirTable would be a perfect use case for this type of project.
You could get the results you're looking for much quicker and it would be much easier to manage down the road.

Check it out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back