Extracting data from one worksheet to a new list

Richiejjj

Board Regular
Hi

I am working with someones worksheet which contains a 'template' they enter data into. The first 'template' is in a2:r30 and is then repeated after a few spaces going down the workbook.

I need to extract some of the cells data so I can analyse it. They are consistent in naming and location as they use the template.

Is there a way I can link to it and drag down the difference in cell numbers to extract the data?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
I am not sure what you want to achive. Could you please share some data examples or give a little more explanation?

Upvote 0
This is a mock up of the worksheet: each box is a 'template' with useful data. I want to extract the useful data into a list format (See below)

1586959049546.png

List format:
1586959106449.png

Upvote 0
Yep. It can be done with a simple loop. I can write the whole VBA code for you but I would need the exact spaces between cells.

For example
A1: Customer B1: Name of customer
C1: Current

I just need to now how many cells seperates each range.

I could do it without it, but that way will be much easier. Do you prefer VBA or formulas?

Upvote 0
Initial data points are in:

C3
C4
C5
H3
H4
H5
C8:E17
F8:F16
K4:K18

Then the pattern repeats with C3's equivalent in C23, dropping down 19 rows each time.

Thanks so much

Upvote 0
Sorry im not sure what you mean? The sheet has cell contents in c3:k18, but I only need the items above in the table. Then all the cells drop down 19 rows for each new template, there are an increasing number over time on the worksheet.

Upvote 0
that was an example, i can say c3:k18 if it makes it easier? i dont need all the cells from those locations though - just the ones mentioned?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back