Extracting data from several sheets in one workbook

Glacombe

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I was wondering if its possible to extract data from several worksheet of a workbook into a document I am creating? For example, we have a workbook that contains 11 worksheets and would like a formula that looks into all of them in order to input the info I would need between Nov 2020 to now in this new document. I know its possible to look into only one sheet, as you insert the name of the sheet in your formula, but not sure if you can do it with several.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I have 6 columns with the following text: "Ready for advancement", Ready for lateral movement", "well-placed in role", Develop in role", move to more suitable position", "transition to retirement". Under these columns, in row 1, I have the names of the people that correspondent to one of these action. I have separate document for each of the year and what I would like to have is a formula to get the information into one document. This new document has the name of the people in column A and then it follows in the next columns year 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Upvote 0
It would be best to post your workbook (no confidential information) to a download site, for review.

Upvote 0
Here is a sample of my new document, my list has 136 people, but only gave a few for an example.

Name2016 Placement2017 Placement2018 Placement2019 Placement2020 Placement
Doe, John
Doe, Jane
Alvin, Marc
Arson, Jill
Gates, Bill

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back