Extracting data to another tab and filling it in vertically

CoachJason

Hi guys -

I realize this is probably very simple to do but I'm not even sure where to start. I currently have a complicated sheet for recording weights that an athlete uses in the weight room that somebody in my grad program created. I have recorded a macro that takes the weights and other info from that sheet and populates another tab with it in an orderly easily manipulated fashion. The issue is that I have 25 athletes and I want to populate that other tab continuously with each athlete after each week. I can get you the excel file if you need it but for now (I don't see where I can post screenshots of what I have) I'll give you a quick synopsis.

Athlete: Jason
Exercise: Squat
Weight Lifted: 100
RPE: 5

Then I hit my macro and it takes all of that data and puts it into the next tab without awkward spacing and in neat little rows. THEN I want to go back to the original tab and delete all that I entered and enter another athlete. I then want to hit my macro and have that data entered UNDERNEATH the data from the last athlete. Hopefully this makes sense but if not, let me know how I can help you. To be honest, I don't understand how I can really show what I want without sending someone the file.

Thank you for all your help!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Why go to all the bother of running a macro to copy data to another sheet, when it would probably be much better to just enter the data manually (which you already do) into a regular table (1 below the other)? Seems to me you are reinventing the wheel here
- enter data
- copy data to a table
- delete data
- rinse and repeat

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back