Extracting key words from spreadsheet

Joshaldo

I just exported a large amount of data from our client management system and I want to report on how many clients pay a particular fee. On the spreadsheet there is text Is there any way to filter and add up how many times this has occurred?

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Is there any way
Most probably, but we have no idea what your data is actually like or how it is laid out. What about you give us a small, representative set of sample dummy data (& the expected results) that we can copy and paste to our sheets to test solutions? My signature block below has help on how you can do that.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for the reply, much appreciated. The two variables I am wanting to capture are HCP case management Level 1 HIGH or LOW and then have a tally for the total of 210 clients. For example I would like it to display 50 HCP case management Level 1 HIGH and 160 HCP case management Level 1 LOW.

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAFAGAHAIAJAKALAM
4Package Management Detail Report
5Print Date: 19/11/2019User:
6Print Time: 8:42 amPage: 1
7ReportOptions:Filters-DateRangeusedtodetermineBillingPeriods(01/10/2019to31/10/2019),BillingPeriodDateRangeusedforcalculatingreport(01/10/2019to30/10/2019),MultipleFundersSelected,DisplayOptions-All
8Clients
11TotalActiveClaimableClaimablePackage
12PackageClientAgedCare
13User IDRecipient IDSubsidyRateCC RateLeaveDaysContributionSubsidyEpisode
14HCPL1Bloggs,John$24.07 $0.00 101M0000004878
16DirectIndirectOther
17EpisodeStart DateEnd DateTransactionsVisitsUnitsUnitsUnitsUnitsRateAmount
18M000000487831/10/2019AdministrationFeesLevel11.002.502.50
19HCP Case Management Level 1 HIGH1.003.003.00
20No Management Fee2.002.00
21VisitsandExpenses$0.00
22Case Management$3.00
23Admin$2.50
24TotalTransactions$5.50
25Funding Allocation$24.07
26Consumer Contribution$0.00
27Total Funding Allocation$24.07
28Over/UnderIncludingContingency$18.57
29Closing Balance$18.57
Sheet1

Upvote 0
have a tally for the total of 210 clients. For example I would like it to display 50 HCP case management Level 1 HIGH and 160 HCP case management Level 1 LOW.
I can't see where in your sample data those results come from. Can you clarify?

BTW, you can hide any irrelevant columns before using XL2BB to keep the screen shot smaller.

Upvote 0
Sorry, it was cell T20. Each client has that data.
I'm afraid that doesn't make anything clearer to me. T2 says "No Management Fee". How do you get 50 and 120 out of that?

Is "HCP Case Management Level 1 HIGH" always in column X?

If there are (presumably) multiple rows with "HCP Case Management Level 1 HIGH", are all the cells that say that in the same column as each other?

If I can't copy or build a sheet that accurately reflects what you are dealing with, I can't begin to construct a useful suggestion for getting the result(s) that you want. :)

Upvote 0
Ooops, it is in X19. Each of the 210 clients have either "HCP Case Management Level 1 HIGH or LOW". Unfortunately they are NOT in the same column. If it isn't possible I will just need to manually add each one I guess.

:

Upvote 0
Still, how do we get the 50 for "HCP Case Management Level 1 HIGH"
  1. Is there just 50 such cells somewhere in the sheet and we are counting them?, or
  2. Are we summing numbers on the same row? (like cell AA19) (If so, is that number cell always 3 cells to the right of "HCP Case Management Level 1 HIGH"?)
  3. Something else?

Upvote 0
Correct, there are approximately 50 cells there with "HCP Case Management Level 1 HIGH", I am wanting to find exactly how many.

Upvote 0
So, say your formula is in column A somewhere, try something like this (adjust range to ensure you will always capture your data range)

=COUNTIF(B1:BZ1000,"HCP Case Management Level 1 HIGH")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back