F2 function Need to select all text in multiple cells.

Foster034

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a vehicle database and each cell has a list of vehicles. I have about 1000 rows of data and need to select all text in each cell to copy onto another sheet. How can I use the F2 function to select multiple cells rather than just 1

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Welcome to the Board!

I am not quite clear on why you are trying to use F2. F2 gets you into the individual cell editor. If you want to copy a whole range of cells, why are you using F2, and not simply just selecting all the cells you want, and then choosing "Copy"?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

I am not quite clear on why you are trying to use F2. F2 gets you into the individual cell editor. If you want to copy a whole range of cells, why are you using F2, and not simply just selecting all the cells you want, and then choosing "Copy"?

Welcome to the Board!

Okay what so I have multiple rows with multiple text inside each each cell. I need divided into seperate rows. I can copy the text inside a cell and paste it (paste A)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Welcome to the Board!

I want to bulk copy all text on each row and paste A into new rows bulk
Welcome to the Board!

Upvote 0
We would need to know what the data actually looks like, and how/where it is being split.

In cases like these, it is often helpful to see actual examples of your data. You can post that using the tool mentioned here: XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back