Failing to Find File

bobsan42

Your email ended up in spam. However I did open the workbook - enabled the code, some things happened :) i can't spare the time to try and figure out everything but it seems to be working normally on my machine (W10 Ent + Office 365 ProPlus)

I think it is not explicitly a code problem - apart from several debug messages nothing out of the ordinary - wb hides then unhides, opens first time. everything looks OK.

One more thing to try - change the filename slightly ant try to open it again ( or create a copy with a different name and try to run it).

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

sassriverrat

settings fixed (I was reverting each one individually as my testing failed- trying to narrow down the problem)....

regarding the hide/unhide- no. All buttons are grayed out except the macros button. Hitting that opens up the macro list window but it's empty. So this literally looks like a copy of excel without a workbook loaded at all. All menus are grayed basically except developer where I can record a macro, etc. Com add-ins are all unselected. If I hit "Check Accessibility" under Review, it says unable to run blah blah blah because no workbook is open to check for accessibility issues.

sassriverrat

The workbook itself seems to work perfectly, names changed and all.

I am curious- where did you get a debug message? Just when I think I've got one worked out I end up shooting myself in the foot with a new one....

The whole issue I had was just how excel was opening.....just not sure what to do there.

Changing file names resulted in the workbook opening as it should with the different names, so all good there.

bobsan42

I am glad this helped.

I got an error while the code was trying to save some values in the developer sheet. But i don't even remember the error number.
something like: sheets("Developer").range(...).FormulaR1C1="'No"
This was after I didn't provide the correct (any) password to gain developer access
I didn't follow it to investigate - just thought maybe the sheet was not properly unlocked for some reason since I didn't even know how to use this file.

sassriverrat

Interesting. I'll look into the error.

Yeah- not sure how to go about excel except maybe a clean install at this point....

bobsan42

I wouldnt bother reinstalling.
Its a single file name problem. It is not the first time I've heard of it but I still don't know the reason - just some vague idea in the back of my head.
However if the fix is a simple rename - why bother too much :)
Cheers.

sassriverrat

sorry I think there's a little confusion there- it's not just this file. Originally it was but it's gotten worse and it's not file association (.xlsm) either....I just tried a .xlsb and a .xls and had the same problem

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samanthad2007

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...