Faint printed gridlines

bananafran

A document that has previously printed standard gridlines, now prints very faint gridlines. In page set up, gridlines is checked, draft is not checked. In options, Automatic is selected for color and black is the auto color. If I send the worksheet to another computer on the network it prints the standard gridlines. What has happened to my Excel!?? I tried restoring all the defaults by running Detect and repair but that didn't solve it either! HELP!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Another computer can print fine, but does it print on the same printer ? Does ANY other document print fine ? DId you check the toner ?
Did you try to open a new spreadsheet, throw some test data in it, and print, how does it print ?

Upvote 0
Tried it on 2 other networked printers and got faint gridlines. Opened a new sheet, entered data, and got faint gridlines. Another older sheet, GOT gridlines. Toner's ok.

Upvote 0
Did you change any formatting, color, anything at all ? Does the gridlines look OK on the screen or are they faint on screen also ? Did you check the Excel Color Options (black, automatic .. ? )

Upvote 0
Nope to formatting. Gridlines look ok on the screen. Color is set to Automatic under options and is black.

Upvote 0
Oh yes, one more peculiar thing! I sent it to a coworker as an attachment and it prints gridlines perfectly at her computer!!!

Upvote 0
It has to be something with the printer setup. IF it's a laser printer, does it have in the printer / advanced properties, something called "EconoMode" it has two options, ON or OFF. Give it a try with Economode OFF. Good luck !

Upvote 0
I will try that, but I did send to 2 other printers on the network and they printed faint lines. Any other ideas??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back