Faster way to work with large data?

ajocius1

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have list of data with 250 K lines. That data is formatted as table and I regularly update it from another data source. I do the calculation using SUMPRODUCT function to calculate values that I need. Then I copy that cell to 170 cells (10 lines, 17 columns) so that I can see result for every entity and month that I need.

Formula uses several fields to check:

Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT((Table2[WorkOrder.LegalEntity]=$B6)*(Table2[YearComp]=C$4)*(Table2[MonthCompl]=C$3)*(Table2[Time to complete]))/SUMPRODUCT((Table2[WorkOrder.LegalEntity]=$B6)*(Table2[YearComp]=C$4)*(Table2[MonthCompl]=C$3))

I would like to expand list of KPI's that I can calculate based on same data sheet, but it is already is taking 15-20 sec to recalculate. I have added macros to enable and disable calculation for that result sheet, but still it is time consuming to use it.

I was thinking perhaps there is smarter way of working? Tried Power Query, that helps to import and do simple calculations on source data, but then it returns data into excel sheet Table , so I assume calculations will take the same time. Any thoughts on how can I make my work faster?

Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
If you split those criteria up into multiple columns, you can get your answer with sumifs probably. That will be faster

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back