FEET AND INCHES, SORTING (least to greatest) AND AUTOMATICALLY INPUTING ON A DIFFERENT SHEET. HELP.

MCCarlyle

This is kinda long but I feel a thourough explanation of my goals will make this simpler. I'm attempting to create a program to automate my field notes since I've taken on a substantial larger work load, hand calculations are no longer time effecient. So I've already got everything function properly in the first sheet.

First sheet:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/74d3b597a6d2c74bbc11881c1d37bd6b/tumblr_mh0d6edc1B1s3vsa9o1_1280.jpg

I work with storage tanks, inside storage tanks there are pipes, sumps, manways, sloped floors, etc... which affect the total volume of any storage tank. We refer to this as positive and negative deadwood; positive gives up space and negative deadwood takes up space (think of glass with ice cubes in it, ice takes up space), give and take; plus/minus.
I've already got all the formulas for first sheet working. The FROM and TO boxes are formatted in 0'-0" style and the INTERVAL box which is the difference of the FROM and TO is formatted in 8th's of a inch. So for example in the first sheet photo FROM:0'-0" TO: 0'-1 1/2" yields a INTERVAL of 16, since there are 16 8ths in 0'-1 1/2". I formatted these using a inch calculator add-in I found on google (josh.com/InchCalc/index.htm).

Second sheet:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/9c739d2f89f10e3e19b3e3d43ee641c0/tumblr_mh0d7lPxPg1s3vsa9o1_1280.jpg

HERE IS THE PROBLEM I've encountered. I'm trying to sort those FROM and TO values from least to greatest and in doing so transfer them over to the second sheet (tree chart) automatically. So it would construct a tree a chart using each elevation 1 time in least to greatest order with the difference in 8ths on the right side of the tree. What type of formula would I have to use to sort feet and inches from least to greatest, and than how would I program my tree chart to automatically fill this information in?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back