Fertilizer

NdNoviceHlp

For farmers, fertilizer poses quite a challenge. You can apply liquid or granular either by broadcast or banding. Products come with a certain chemical composition which when combined can only achieve certain combinations which limits the farmers ability to apply one nutrient without the other. Of course, nutrient costs are not all the same even across similiar products. Fertilizer is sold by the metric tonne(dry) or liquid(litre) and applied by the actual Lb. For example, 46-0-0-0 (N-P-K-S) fertilizer has .46 actual lbs of N for every product Lb. You apply fertilizer by targeting actual Lbs of N-P-K-S to a field by selecting your fertilizer types and blends then applying your liquid/granular by broadcasting or banding. Confused yet?
With some indulgence from Mr. Excel, I'll let this post be the start of the end. The end of me firing up the Commador Amiga and running my VIP program to produce my fertilizer report every year. My old Epson printer is almost out of ink. So I do already know the correct answers which should help in this project. I'm wondering how best to approach this? I would like to provide some utility for other fertilizer users. Should I start a file, screenshots, or all VBA? Any general project outlines also welcomed. Dave

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Thanks Allen I was hoping for freeware that could simply be downloaded as a wb or pasted... remember we're farmers. I should have mentioned that the output is a report outlining the products used, at what rate, their expense/combined expenses, total product needs and their application rate. I'm leaning towards an input userform, sheet1 to do calculations and sheet2 place results. Seems like I'm going to have to post a file? Dave
edit: thanks for the link

Upvote 0
Fairwinds thank you for your interest. It is my intention to convert my aged Amiga VIP fertilizer program to XL and I'm hoping that Mr Excel will allow me the webspace to provide it here to other farmers. My post previous was intentioned as a project outline to arrive at how best to achieve this in this forum. It's not a large project. Even though it sounds confusing, I'm sure with a little help here we can come up with something very useful. So that is my quest and I'll accept all help along the way. Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back