Few questions about VBA UserForms and Formatting (No Coding Required) only questions

DeezNuts

Board Regular
I have a couple questions about VBA and what it can do. Currently I am working on a sheet that has few additions to it and would like to implement a userform The form is fairly basic as seen below.

czX1okE.png

I would like to now with VBA can it find the next set of available rows and add the information input into this form?
For example it would put the information like this

Excel 2013
ABCDE
54Assignment01-20
55Due:
56Test

<tbody>
</tbody>

However the code would need to leave a empty row between the groups in the above picture row 53 & 57 would be blank and the next assignment input would go on rows 58,59,60 and always for that pattern. Is this within VBA's abilities.

Also can VBA do formatting so when the information was input as it is being put in the sheet it would format the cells colors, borders, and alignment to be like this
ANSNOja.png

The final result would produce results that would like this

bvsDzvJ.png

Are these plans within the realms of what excel can do?
If so could someone be kind enough to direct me to some sites,videos, tutorials etc. that would get me started please? I am certain at some point I will need help but want to tackle what I can on my own.

For searching Google are there key terms I would search for to find sites with information that would help me on the journey

Thank you for reading this.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Excel can do whatever you want. VBA can do even more than whatever you want. So yes, this is within the limitations of vba...which are pretty limitless.

If you know the backend of a userform (eg private sub button1_click()) then you can just start writing the code there. As for what code to write and what it will look like, there are a few options. One is to hit 'record macro' and do whatever you want. Then, just read up on that.

The other is to search very specific things like a line of code. A good bet is that the line of code will pop up somewhere. For example, when I want to remember a line of code for the final row of a range, I'll type:

endrow neonredsharpie

because I know that I use the endrow variable all the time on this forum. Now, for skipping a row, I would probably search:

vba paste next empty row

Then, once you get that, you'll just have to add '1'1 to the row number to skip a row.

Upvote 0
Thank you, also had one other question can the userform be designed to show up at a certain place on the sheet? say for example the top left corner would be at G2 what I look for to find instructions for doing that if thats possible

Upvote 0
Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()

Me.StartUpPosition = 0
    Me.Top = Application.Top + 150
    Me.Left = Application.Left + Application.Width - Me.Width - 1000

End Sub

This is my best guess at G2. I don't remember how I got these but just change (150) and (-1000) until it shows up close. Userforms popping up in a certain place is still something that bugs the crap out of me.

Upvote 0
lol okay thank you, think that hint in your snippet there might give me some direction also "Me.StartUpPosition"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaRino

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back