FF Schedule Disaster, Assistance is Much Appreciated!!!

chalorpas

Hi, I am completely new to the forum and am not great at excel. After changing the amount of regular season weeks in my fantasy football league, the entire remaining schedule has been changed with lots of repeat matchups. I called ESPN to try to fix it but they couldn't. I have the ability to edit any of the remaining matchups myself and would like to randomly create this schedule while keeping the existing schedule (5 weeks worth) intact and making it so each team plays another team exactly one time. I have been trying to create a formula to do this but I am nowhere near skilled enough. Is this even possible to do??? Can anyone help?

Here is the table with the matchups that have already occurred. For example, Team A played Team C in week 1. If I need to provide any other information please ask.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
1CDABLGFMJINEHK
2NMLJGHEFKDICBA
3IJGKHMCEABDNFL
4DKHAMJLCNFBGEI
5BAMNFEILGKJHCD

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks!!!!!!!

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Each team can play each other team only one time? oh, duh- sorry- you answer that- I read it too fast.

Upvote 0
I was thinking it would be pretty easy, but 'tis not as easy as i thought. It's kind of like a sudoku puzzle- might need like a sudoku puzzle solver type of algorithm...

Upvote 0
I was thinking it would be pretty easy, but 'tis not as easy as i thought. It's kind of like a sudoku puzzle- might need like a sudoku puzzle solver type of algorithm...

Hm, I looked around a bit but it seems like most sudoku solvers are in sudoku format (3x3 or 4x3). Couldn't find a highly customizable one. Thanks for trying to figure it out.

Upvote 0
This is a fun problem I'll keep working on. After filling in sudoku strategy markings, it looks like there are 9 values each column could still possibly hold on each new row, and 9 places each letter could possibly go in each row, so 9! (nine factorial- in other words, 9x8x7x6x5x4x3x2x1) is probably a good estimate of how many total possible combinations there could be, before eliminating for values existing in the column already. It's probly not exact since it's not quite a 9 x 9 grid that's left, but close enough- so maybe I can find a random # from 1 to 9!, call it n, then somehow find the n'th possible combination, then keep looping through combinations from there until I find a combo that is completely valid.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back