file already in use

Jimbo Razza

Board Regular
Hi There

I have a multi user database that has been split into a front and back ends. The front end sits on the users desktop and the back end is on a network drive.

Yesterday one of the users reported a message of "file already in use" when she tries to access it.

I've had her load new versions of the front end to her desktop and even tried to get her to run a version that is on the network. Neither ideas worked.

No one else is getting the problem and the only difference is that she is in a different location. (previous to yesterday however she had the same level of access).

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
I don't have an immediate answer but my first thoughts would be that this could be a network configuration/drive mapping issue and it is being 'interpreted' by the code/process as file in use.
If the error is being generated from a VBA process, I would consider running the process in Debug mode to find out exactly where the problem is but first I would try using the Linked Table Manager in Access to re-link the front end database to the back end.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back