File already open error

yinkajewole

I want to move a file to another folder. Using this code, i got error "File already open"
Code:
 Name "c:\sour\file.txt" As "c:\dest\file.txt
Is there a workaround to move the file even when it is opened ?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

NdNoviceHlp

Sorry but U can't move an open file. U can use Copyfile to copy an open file to a new location. U can then close and Kill the old file. Why not just close the file before moving it? If the file may be either open or closed ( ie. unknown) then just add some error code to address both outcomes. HTH. Dave

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MM005

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...