File save problem

Phil_C

Hello All
I have a workbook with about 300 sheets each of which has from 250 to 500 rows in use. Currently the file takes about 2 - 3 seconds to open and when using the file there is no noticeable performance loss however when I try to save the file it takes over 2 minutes to save. Originally I had a SATA raid array disk setup. I have since changed to a SATA raid array connected via an SAS controller. Since the changeover the save time has increased considerably.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem? If I move the file to a standard sata connected drive then the file saves in about ten seconds. No other file type has this problem only excel files.

Regards

Phil

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Don't know reallly, but it might be worth checking where the temporary file is stored on open (and deleted on close).

I don't know if it is possible to change its location. Things usually best on local hard drive.

Upvote 0
Hello All
I fixed this problem by recreating the RAID array. The original array was carried over from another controller and apparently it caused issues with some file types.

Regards

Phil

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back