File size increases 8X!

PaulBP

I have an excel workbook that is about 16MB which we send out to offsite locations. However, when I get them back a week or so later, their size goes up to 130MB. I notice this happens when working with the file I get an error message that says Excel doesn't have enough resources. I cancel the error message and proceed to save the file. When I open that file again, I notice it takes longer to open (because the size had increased to 130MB). I have asked the people who have worked offsite with the workbook who send it back to me with that increased file size if they continued to save after they receive an error message and all say no; some even say they've never got that error message. The workbook has several macros and userforms. I send similar workbooks to about 20 or so locations. Currently, when this happens, I have them send me the workbook and I re-create the workbook using the 16MB template. Does anyone have any idea why the file size increases so drastically and is there any fix other than re-copying the info to the template?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back