File size increasing w/o cause Excell '07

rnhutsko

Board Regular
Hello all,

I have a file that is a log of sales. This workbook has several sheets and one of them is over 900 rows long. It was originally created in Excel '03 and was migrated to '07 .xlsm format. The file seems to be growing in size. I have copied individually each of the sheets to a new work book and the resulting file is on 936kb in size. The original is 16.4MB+ in size and grows every time you save it. The growth in size does not seem to be in proportion to the type/ssize of data inputed.

Multiple users use this file so it is a shared file on a network server. I do not know where to begin looking for the source nor solution to this problem. The issue is that the file is so large that it locks up or will not open or is VERY slow to load.

Any and all help is appreciated

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi. Maybe that somebody is copying some kind of dificult to see objects to the sheets. Try the following: select all the objects into each sheet, with Edition/Go To/Special/objects. Once selected, delete it all not needed with Del. This occured to me time ago. I've a spanish version of Excel 2000, so may be the path is not the same. OK I hope to be useful. Best regards, Mariano Deheza

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apwr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back