File with many bugs (corrupted) - need to re-do it. Tips?

stefsj

Hi,

I have been working on a file that has many little bugs and I reached a point where I simply want to re-do this file in order for it to work properly and not to give me various of random errors at times.

I am packing up on donuts and coffee and will have a long night in front of me but have couple of questions for anyone that has done such a process before.

First is - what can I bring over from the old file - can I at least paste as values some cells that are text only? Can I copy directly the password and paste in the cells? I don't want to bring any sort of bugs and will re-do as much as I have to.
Second - about the macro code - I will recreate the forms, but is it safe to copy and paste the code from the old file?

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I use it regularly when making and testing mods to large VBA projects. And before that, I used to do manually what it does automatically.

Upvote 0
So how does it work exactly? I installed it. Should I run the code in the excel file ones my bugged file is open?

Edit: I ran it with the file open and it took a while (5-6 seconds) but after that I didn't see any change. The same bugs as I see before.
Thanks though!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back