Fill cells bases on %

PascalMR

Hi everyone, I'd like to find a way so that if you enter a number in a cell of the column D, the rest of the column will fill automatically. I can't find a way to do this. Hope the image makes it clear to understand.

thanks, Pascal

RKCuk
K4vx5O2.png

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Are you asking that if you enter a Price in cell D1 you want the rest of the column to populate based on the percentages shown in Column C?

If so, enter this formula in D2 then copy it down to the rest of the rows: =$D$1 +($D$1*C2)

Upvote 0
Are you asking that if you enter a Price in cell D1 you want the rest of the column to populate based on the percentages shown in Column C?

If so, enter this formula in D2 then copy it down to the rest of the rows: =$D$1 +($D$1*C2)

I wish it was that easy. What I want is that, wherever I input a value, it will fill the rest of the table for me. Any cells of the column D. That way if I know the price of a specific option, it will tell me what it would be if was using a different option. Hope I'm clear. Thanks for helping!

Pascal

Upvote 0
Pascal, I could probably create a User Defined Function (UDF) that would be a more glamorous solution but the formulas I've provided below will work if you can use Columns E to enter the value you are wanting to assess and F to enter Formulas that are used to give you the values you are wanting.

In cell D2 enter this formula: =IF(E2>0,E2*F2,IF(E3>0,E3*F3,IF(E4>0,E4*F4,IF(E5>0,E5*F5,IF(E6>0,E6*F6,IF(E7>0,E7*F7,IF(E8>0,E8*F8,IF(E9>0,E9*F9,IF(E10>0,E10*F10,IF(E11>0,E11*F11,IF(E12>0,E12*F12,IF(E13>0,E13*F13,0))))))))))))

In cell D3 enter this formula then copy it down to row 13: =(1+C3)*$D$2

In cell F2 enter this formula then copy it down to row 13: =1/(1+C2)

You can verify the accuracy of the Formulas and outcome by entering "100" in cell E2.

Now, enter any value in Column E on the row for the price you have to see what the prices would be for the other options.

For this solution to work properly you must only populate 1 value in Column E.

Let me know how this works for you. If you have more combinations that what you initially discussed then an UDF would need to be created.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back