Fill down stock informatio

travislynk

Very simple issue here.

I come update my excel everyday after the stock market closes, but I have to many entries to manually update. I need a one or two click solution.

In A1 I have a ticker symbol, and in B1,C1,D1,E1,F1 I want to show the percent change 1,2,3,4, and 5 days after I post the symbol in A1. I add about 50 new entries to column A everyday, so manually looking up and typing 250 percent changes everyday (some tickers will be on day 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc..) is too much work.

Ultimately, I would like to fill down in B1, "=percentchangeofstock(A1)". Then I could just do this for the appropriate columns/rows on the correct date.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
I have.

That is how I get my new 50 each day, through a table on a website when I click import.

However that table will always refresh, and never have the same stocks listed again.

The problem for trying to create a new web query for each stock, is that I can not substitute the ticker cell into the website (Say I tried to import www.percentchange.com(A1)).

The MSN money add in is the same way as far as the entry feature is independent of excel, and on top of that it returns a 4x4 block of info, versus just the percent change...

Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back