Filling in cells based on a start and end date

Flaviking

Good afternoon,

This is my first post and I have to admit, I'm not very skilled at excel. So I am hoping someone can help me out.

I have been searching for the last month on a solution to my problem and all i seem to come across are Ghatt sheets.

I am trying to show in a visual manner, the start and end dates of a task over a period of time. For example, I have a start date of 7/1/2014 and an end date of 9/28/2014. I would like to create a visual representation of that by having dates across the top of a worksheet and then a colored bar stretching from 7/1/2014 to 9/28/2014.

I would need to do this for multiple entries and have them each show independently from one another

task a in row 2, task b in row 3.

The ghatt chart doesn't really work for me as there are know sub tasks, which that seems to depend on.

If anyone can help< i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I think what you are referring to is a Gantt chart. What you describe sounds exactly like a Gannt chart and I think that is actually what you want. I don't think you need sub tasks for a Gantt chart you can have only one task represented on each line.

Search Google or whatever your preference is and you will find tutorials either written or video on how to make them and also probably fine some ready made templates.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back