Filling lists

Nnene

I have a sheet with approx 6000 lines, as parsed from a wordsheet downloaded from an old fashioned software. Column B differentiates the different groups (fields) of data. e.g. Field 1 label is in cell B1, Field 2 label is in cell B32, Field 3 label is in cell B87.
Cells B2 to B31 are blank, Columns C,D, and E, F, G, H contain data for Field 1 which I want to associate with the Field 1 label in B1.
Likewise I want to associate Field labels 2 and 3 to their corresponding data in Columns C,D,E,F, G and H

Unfortunately, I am not an excel expert but have been limiting myself to IF functions to try replace the blank label fields in B, with little luck.
Help would be appreciated

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
The answer to this has been supplied many times on this board :-

Select from B1 to the last data row
Edit/Goto/Special/Blanks>OK
Type =B1
Press CTRL + ENTER
Copy
Paste Special/Values>OK

Upvote 0
Thank you. I cannot seem to get the message board search engine to work. For example I am now looking for an easy way to remove blank rows...searching under blank rows, deleting etc yielded no answers... can you please help?

Upvote 0
Hi

Re: search engine...type in "deleting rows" on the keyword section, Click "search for all the items", then click "seach in subject"

(" " for reference only do not type these.

With this, I arrive about 25 finds.

If you are looking to delete unwanted rows there is a feature on ASAP-Utilities.com that does this very nicely.

Hope this helps.

pll

Upvote 0
Thanks a million for the tips on how to delete blank rows. They were rather involving cause I am not a savvy user yet.
But I solved my problem by selecting the whole sheet, filtering on the blank rows, I now put a dummy text value on the first blank row, copied to the remaining blank rows. I then refiltered on my dummy text value and deleted all the rows with the value. And hey presto no more blank rows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back