Filling webform with excel

abusaif

Hi, I am working in a company who uses web app for its operations designed in oracle. We use username and password to enter the application. When the page opens I navigate to follow up page from there i enter a ticket number and click a process button to retrieve data.
Now what I want to do is being on follow up page I click on excel button to copy data from excel cell and paste it in the follow-up page and click process.
Is there anyway to do this ☺️.
Because I am new in vba and the web search articles are covering to open a website and directly fill the form, but in my case the web page is open already.
Thanks in advance for your time

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Which browser do you use to access this web app? Would it be possible to open the app in Internet Explorer? That would be easiest way of doing what you need. If it's possible to install additional software on the computer, there may be better solutions than VBA.

Upvote 0
As far as opening the Web App in IE so yes its opening. But adding additional software needs administration privilege which are only with IT Department and they dont allow. ?

Upvote 0
I expected that it wouldn't be possible to install software on the computer - corporate laptops are locked down for very good reason. But that doesnt really matter if you can load the web app in Internet Explorer. If you can launch the web app and then use it properly all within Internet Explorer, then VBA would be able to assist, but I'm still confused. In your initial statement you said that "but in my case the web page is open already" - why is that important if, as you say, you can go ahead and just launch it again in Internet Explorer?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back