Filter a range and then partially concatenate results.

TonyD1016

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've been banging head against the wall for almost a day now trying to figure out if this is possible.

I have a sheet that contains a directory of employee contact information arranged in columns of Last Name, First Name, Department, Job Title, Email, Cell Phone, Office Extension and a couple other columns of internal data.

I have so far come up with the following formula:

=INDEX(FILTER(Directory,ISNUMBER(SEARCH($B1,JobTitle)),"no results"),SEQUENCE(ROWS(FILTER(Directory,ISNUMBER(SEARCH($B1,JobTitle))))),{2,1,7,6,5})

Where B1 is an empty cell on another sheet to type a job title. This formula returns a spill array of every entry in the directory with with a certain job title (I.E. "Supervisor") in the order of First Name, Last Name, Extension number, Cell phone, and Email in adjacent cells in a row.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have the first and last name and office extension concatenated into a single cell, and the email and cell phone be left in their own individual cells.
Is there any way to make that happen? Preferably without macros (although I will accept them if necessary)?

Yes that's possible, but as it is a totally different question, it needs a new thread. Thanks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back