Filter Columns by Color

Yongle

Office Version
Platform
Windows
If the colours are the result of conditional formatting then consider Advanced Filter
https://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html
- adapt the rules applied in CF to create the formulas required by advanced filter

If the colours are manually applied then you probably need VBA

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
If the colours are the result of conditional formatting then consider Advanced Filter
That is a choice but AutoFilter can still be used manually or by VBA if the colours are there by Conditional Formatting so that would probably be easier.

The only time you might need to use the rules that applied the CF would be if you had the same colour applied both by CF and directly and you wanted to filter one and not the other - highly unlikely I think. :eek:

Yongle

Office Version
Platform
Windows
@Peter_SSs
- I should have stated in my reply that I assumed that the question was being asked because auto filter by colour had been found inadequate. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yongle

Office Version
Platform
Windows
@DougStroud

The detail of how you are trying to filter would help us address your specific problem

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
@Peter_SSs
- I should have stated in my reply that I assumed that the question was being asked because auto filter by colour had been found inadequate. :rolleyes:
You could be right, perhaps even because the excel version is old and doesn't even have that option.

It could be though that a macro just to apply multiple colour filters is being requested.

So little information in the question it is all a guess really. Hopefully the OP will provide enough information to allow a suitable suggestion. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hyperf0

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics