filter function returns Zero's and date 00/01/1900

GMC The Macro Man

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there
I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm using the =Filter function to return data, which it does successfully, but if the cell is blank, it returns a 0 or if the column is formatted to date and its empty then it returns 00/01/1900
All my data is added in to a Table on the 1st Sheet and then i have multiple sheets where the data is to be returned.
I use =FILTER(DataInput,(DataInput[AA1]=Dashboard!D27,"")) where AA1 = the 1st criteria and D27 is the 2nd Criteria. I end this with ,"" as in theory, if the cell to be returned is blank then it should not put anything in this cell, however I get the outputs as stated earlier.
I love this function as it pulls the data over fantastic but this Blank Cell is pulling my hair out :cool:
Would love some assistance please

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=LET(f,FILTER(DataInput, DataInput[AA1]=D27,""),IF(f="","",f))

Upvote 1
Solution
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
=LET(f,FILTER(DataInput, DataInput[AA1]=D27,""),IF(f="","",f))
Thank you so much, this worked perfectly. Much Kudos for the fast response and correct answer.
I don't have much knowledge of the LET function so would you mind explaining what has happened here, as I racked my brains trying to get a solution, so I would like to understand this better :)

Upvote 0
The LET function simply allows you to store information in a variable (in this case I called it f) which saves having to do the calculation multiple times.

Upvote 1
@GMC The Macro Man - Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly. Much Kudos for the fast response and correct answer.
The marked solution has been changed accordingly. In your future questions, please mark the post as the solution that actually answered your question, instead of your feedback message as it will help future readers. No further action is required for this thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back