Filter issues

Camel123

Board Regular
Hi,

My filter does not work properly. It just displays a minor portion of all values in the column. I have no blank rows in the table array.

How do I solve this?

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I suggest you read the Guidelines here which offer advice on the sort of information you need to give in order to explain your problem clearly.

Upvote 0
You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
I managed to solve it! I had some hidden columns. Though I am facing a new similar issue in another file which I can not seem to solve. See screenshot:
https://imgur.com/t6KR8tw

All cells in the table range have values. No hidden or empty columns or row. I filtered a number of projects from the table, then sorted them in ascending order. Not sure if all but a lot of numbers then appeared in in the wrong row and context. The most f*cked up thing about this f*cking issue is the whole table and data gets messed up and I can not restore it unless I do ctrl+z, which does not work when I have worked for a while until noticing things are incorrect. Really disturbing, so I need to re-do the whole thing. Please help! :oops::devilish:

Upvote 0
I managed to solve it! I had some hidden columns. Though I am facing a new similar issue in another file which I can not seem to solve. See screenshot:
https://imgur.com/t6KR8tw

All cells in the table range have values. No hidden or empty columns or row. I filtered a number of projects from the table, then sorted them in ascending order. Not sure if all but a lot of numbers then appeared in in the wrong row and context. The most f*cked up thing about this f*cking issue is the whole table and data gets messed up and I can not restore it unless I do ctrl+z, which does not work when I have worked for a while until noticing things are incorrect. Really disturbing, so I need to re-do the whole thing. Please help! :oops::devilish:

If you first filter and then order, then the rows are rearranged.
The suggestions that you first order and then perform the filter.

Upvote 0
Thank you man for response! At least are there any ways to sort data correct without ctrl+z if you by mistake filter first and then order?

Upvote 0
Thank you man for response! At least are there any ways to sort data correct without ctrl+z if you by mistake filter first and then order?

As you well know, machines do what you do. They do not know if your procedure was correct or wrong.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torchwood72

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back