Filter Macro where cell contains

Domroy

Board Regular
Hi there,

I have a sheet with 1500 records I'm trying to match to another sheet that has 700 records. The company name is not an exact match, so VLOOKUP is not an option. I built a tool with a macro for an advanced filter, and one to clear the data. The problem is that my filter is only looking up the company name if it STARTS with the text I put in my input cell. I want it to find it if it's anywhere in the column, not just the beginning. For example, if I put "National" in the designated lookup cell, I want it to find anywhere where "National" is in the company name field, not just at the beginning. Here's the code I used:

Code:
Sub Filter_Data()
'
' Filter_Data Macro
'

'
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Range("List").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:=Range( _
        "Criteria"), Unique:=False
End Sub
Sub Reset_Filter()
'
' Reset_Filter Macro
'

'
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Range("A4").Select
    Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
    Range("A4:XFB4").Select
    Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToLeft)).Select
    Range("A4:N4").Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Range("List").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:=Range( _
        "Criteria"), Unique:=False
    Range("A4").Select
End Sub
Can you help me fix it so it finds the data wherever it's located in the cell?

Thank you!

Judi

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Try putting the keyword between 2 asterisk, like this:
*National*

Domroy

Board Regular
Try putting the keyword between 2 asterisk, like this:
*National*
OH!!! As in, in my search box? YES! I will try that tomorrow when I get to work and let you know. Thanks so much! I always forget about those...

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Ok, glad it works.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salamon

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...