Filter months and name

iggydarsa

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I am trying to use filter options with VBA, I appretiate any help.

I have a sheet (Sheet1) with information of:

Date.....ProductName....Price....Cost
1-Mar.......ProdA...........10.........7
1-Mar.......ProdA...........10.........7
3-Mar.......ProdB...........12.........7
4-Apr........ProdA...........11........6
7-Apr........ProdB...........14........6 etc...

I am trying to create a userform that will have

1- Begining Month combobox (cbBeginMonth): I don't know how to populate the name of the months without writing it somewhere on the sheet and assign it to the RowSource.

2- Ending Month combobox (cbEndMonth): As I mentioned above, how can I populate the names of the months without typing them somewhere on the sheet?

3- Product Name combobox (cbProdName): No problem with this one, I can populate it.

Lets say someone chose "March" from the cbBeginMonth, "October" from cbEndMonth and "ProdA" from the cbProdName
I would like to see the subtotals of Price and Cost of ProdA within the dates of 1-Mar and 31-Oct.

PS: Even though the date format on the sheet is "4-Apr", I just want to see "April" on the comboboxes.

I hope I was clear enough
and again, I appretiate any help

Thanks

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi

1) to add the months try adding this to the form initialize

Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
For i = 1 To 12
 cbBeginMonth.AddItem Format("1/" & i, "mmmm")
 cbEndMonth.AddItem Format("1/" & i, "mmmm")
Next i

End Sub

2) For the outputs, I've assumed there are 2 textboxes to take the output and there is a command button to initiate. This is the code for the command button
Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
lastrow = Sheets("sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
TextBox1.Value = Evaluate("=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A" & lastrow & ")>=MONTH(""1/" & cbBeginMonth.Value & """)),--(MONTH(A2:A" & lastrow & ")<=MONTH(""1/" & cbEndMonth.Value & """)),--(B2:B" & lastrow & "=""" & cbProdName.Value & """),(C2:C" & lastrow & "))")
TextBox2.Value = Evaluate("=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A" & lastrow & ")>=MONTH(""1/" & cbBeginMonth.Value & """)),--(MONTH(A2:A" & lastrow & ")<=MONTH(""1/" & cbEndMonth.Value & """)),--(B2:B" & lastrow & "=""" & cbProdName.Value & """),(D2:D" & lastrow & "))")
End Sub

HTH

Tony

Upvote 0
Thanx Tony,

Beacuse I am on another computer I couldn't try your solution YET, but populating the comboboxes with month names looks about right.

However, I have a question about SUMPRODUCT part of your answer. What is the reason for "--" before the MONTH funtion. What purpose does it serve?

Thanks again
Iggy

Upvote 0
Iggy

It converts the true/false result into a number. THe first - will make it negative, the second will make it positive again. This way you are multiplying numbers in the sumproduct function.

Tony

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back