Filter multiple locations in a single spreadsheet

C_Rieker

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all.
I have a spreadsheet that has multiple sections that need to be filtered. I need to filter out any blank rows in each section. The problem I am having is that Excel will only let me filter one section at any one time. I know I can make them a Table to filter them, but Tables don't allow merged cells (that I am aware of) and my spreadsheet relies on merged cells for layout.

My sections I need to filter are - A20:I48, G54:I60, A63:I70. Everything in-between these sections need to stay visible. Is there a way I can apply multiple filter locations without turning them into tables?

TIA

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Is there a way I can apply multiple filter locations without turning them into tables?
Not really, you could possibly use a macro t hide rows, but macros don't like merged cells.

Upvote 0
Solution
Not really, you could possibly use a macro t hide rows, but macros don't like merged cells.
I suppose I could do a loop of each row in each section and hide rows based on a criteria. Its a shame the filter can only be applied once :/

Upvote 0
Personally I would get rid of the merged cells as they are an abomination & should be avoided like the plague. Then I would turn the data into tables.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back