Filter Multiple Tables and show all results

NWPhotoExplorer

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I have a table for every month (JANUARY thru DECEMBER). All of these tables are the same. I am trying to figure out how to write a formula that will find certain criteria and display it from every table if there are any matching records. I wrote something that seems to only display information from 1 table and doesn't seem to continue to the next table. I am not sure what I need to add to this.

=IFERROR(FILTER(FILTER(tbl_OFS_JANUARY[[Date]:[Total Billing]],tbl_OFS_JANUARY[Billing Issue]="Y"),{1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1},""),
IFERROR(FILTER(FILTER(tbl_OFS_FEBRUARY[[Date]:[Total Billing]],tbl_OFS_FEBRUARY[Billing Issue]="Y"),{1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1},""),""))

I have a field (Billing Issue) that we put a "Y" in if we can't bill for it. I want to be able to display all these records from every month in 1 filtered section on my sheet. But if January has an issue, it doesn't pull anything from February. Once January jobs have been corrected and billed, then it will show jobs from February. Is this not possible to show everything in the same filtered section?

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Are all the tables on the same sheet or different sheets?

Upvote 0
Ok, which column is the Billing Issue in relation to the Date column?

Upvote 0
Ok, how about like
Excel Formula:
=LET(Jan,tbl_OFS_JANUARY[[Date]:[Total Billing]],Feb,tbl_OFS_FEBRUARY[[Date]:[Total Billing]],Mar,tbl_OFS_MARCH[[Date]:[Total Billing]],Janr,ROWS(Jan),Febr,ROWS(Feb)+Janr, Marr,ROWS(Mar)+Febr,s,SEQUENCE(Marr),a,IF(s<=Janr,INDEX(Jan,s,{1,2,3,7,10,14}),IF(s<=Febr,INDEX(Feb, s-Janr,{1,2,3,7,10,14}),INDEX(Mar,s-Febr,{1,2,3,7,10,14}))),FILTER(FILTER(a,INDEX(a,,4)="Y",""),{1,1,1,0,1,1}))

Upvote 0
Ok, how about like
Excel Formula:
=LET(Jan,tbl_OFS_JANUARY[[Date]:[Total Billing]],Feb,tbl_OFS_FEBRUARY[[Date]:[Total Billing]],Mar,tbl_OFS_MARCH[[Date]:[Total Billing]],Janr,ROWS(Jan),Febr,ROWS(Feb)+Janr, Marr,ROWS(Mar)+Febr,s,SEQUENCE(Marr),a,IF(s<=Janr,INDEX(Jan,s,{1,2,3,7,10,14}),IF(s<=Febr,INDEX(Feb, s-Janr,{1,2,3,7,10,14}),INDEX(Mar,s-Febr,{1,2,3,7,10,14}))),FILTER(FILTER(a,INDEX(a,,4)="Y",""),{1,1,1,0,1,1}))
Can you explain this a little? I'm trying to understand how it works, but right now, its just giving me the #VALUE! error. So I can't figure out what isn't working.

Upvote 0
Do you have any rows on those 3 tables with a Y under Billing Issues?

Upvote 0
Maybe it's looking at the wrong column, if you try this
Excel Formula:
=LET(Jan,tbl_OFS_JANUARY[[Date]:[Total Billing]],Feb,tbl_OFS_FEBRUARY[[Date]:[Total Billing]],Mar,tbl_OFS_MARCH[[Date]:[Total Billing]],Janr,ROWS(Jan),Febr,ROWS(Feb)+Janr, Marr,ROWS(Mar)+Febr,s,SEQUENCE(Marr),a,IF(s<=Janr,INDEX(Jan,s,{1,2,3,7,10,14}),IF(s<=Febr,INDEX(Feb, s-Janr,{1,2,3,7,10,14}),INDEX(Mar,s-Febr,{1,2,3,7,10,14}))),f,FILTER(FILTER(a,INDEX(a,,4)="Y",""),{1,1,1,0,1,1}),a)
do you get all rows from those 3 tables & are the "Y"s in the 4th column?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back