Filter on specific parameter

juneau730

Board Regular
Hello all,

Need a little bit of assistance.

Is there a means to apply a filter parameter to a form, allowing it to only display specific data from the table?

Example, I have a table named Joe's Pool Hall, that lists the patron's, but for all three pool hall locations. I want the form view to only display those from location 1.

I currently do not have a query built for this, because in my instance, the raw data is imported directing into the table and shown on the form. I know I can build a query for this, but if I can filter the form, it would be a quicker fix, as this need to be applied for multiple folks.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Do you want to do this in VBA? Do you need the usual parameter prompt to come up when the form opens so the users can enter the location or are you just setting the same location value for everyone as default?

Upvote 0
In Access if you right-click on a field you can filter by the field. There is also a filter menu item. Seems like nobody likes to use it but it is effective and already built in and personally I use find it effective in many situations.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replied.
I was able to work this out using additional parameters in the queries already created in the dBase and achieve the needed results. The users are happy, so I am happy.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back