Filter Pivot Table using list box on table with multiple lines with list box using same data validation source

onlibo

Here is an interesting one for you folks looking for a challenge:

I have a table "RecurringINVReceipt" that resides on "sheet14" used to enter a list of inventory to be received that starts out empty for the user. I am running Excel 2010.

• Row 9 is the first non-header row of the table. Cell A9 is a list box that has data validated by a dynamic range that is referring to the first field "Artist" in a pivot table "ProductsRNGPVT", which resides on "sheet15";
  • Cell B9 is a list box that to data validated by same pivot table as A9, but refers to the second column in that Pivot Table "Product Name";
  • I would like to filter the first first field in the pivot table by cell A9 and the automatically refresh the Pivot Table after cell A9 has been updated;
  • The rub is that list boxes are in a table and new list boxes are created for each row as new lines are added. So, row requires the functionality to work dynamically.

I am thinking the code needs to look at the "RecurringINVReceipt" table and column A [Artist's Name] and when any cell in [Artist's Name] becomes 'active' use the selection in that active cell as the filter value.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Scott

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back