nburaq

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Gents,
I have a table which has a range from A2:A350 in sheet 2 named Table1 @ Specifications column and I would like to filter the results and show them in sheet1 when user enters the keywords in A2 in sheet1. I use this formula in sheet1;
FILTER(Table1[Specifications];ISNUMBER(SEARCH(A2;Table1[Specifications]));"No Result Found")
This formula works perfectly if user enters only one word in cell A2 or sometimes works of user enters multiple words with ** (like *red*table*) however, does not work precisely how excel's CTRL+F function. I can bring more precise results much easier using CTRL+F by *red*table*
So my question is, where do i mistake in my formula? or how can i improve my formula ?
Thanks for any help and comments!

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi Gents,
I have a table which has a range from A2:A350 in sheet 2 named Table1 @ Specifications column and I would like to filter the results and show them in sheet1 when user enters the keywords in A2 in sheet1. I use this formula in sheet1;
FILTER(Table1[Specifications];ISNUMBER(SEARCH(A2;Table1[Specifications]));"No Result Found")
This formula works perfectly if user enters only one word in cell A2 or sometimes works of user enters multiple words with ** (like *red*table*) however, does not work precisely how excel's CTRL+F function. I can bring more precise results much easier using CTRL+F by *red*table*
So my question is, where do i mistake in my formula? or how can i improve my formula ?
Thanks for any help and comments!
What I understand is FILTER function delivers results because Your data in sheet may carry few words between "red" and "table" and Filter function with wildcard simply eliminates them

But with CTRL+F you can only search if "red table" appears in order - System limitations

That's why Wildcards character were introduced in formulae

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back