Filtering a Calculated Measure From Another Table

lager1001

Board Regular
Hi All,

My brain is fried again. I have scenario where I have to calculate various stats between two sets of data. The only thing common between the two data sets are the Calendar Weeks and the Supplier Numbers.

So I have two tables:

Table 1 has all of the supplier claims quantities by calendar week (different numbers of line items by supplier and CW).

Table 2 has all of the inventory by supplier and calendar week (different number of line items by inventory and CW).

I am able to develop a measure in Table 1 which Sums the inventory quantities in Table 2. (in the lower calculation area in Power Pivot) but this number does not change when I apply it to charts or even when I filter Table 1 because it is simply the sum of a inventory column from Table 2.

What I need this measure to do, is update when I filter Table 1 by the supplier or the calendar week or any other column. I've tried Filters, AllExcept, and a variety of other things. The two tables are joined by a separate relational table which ties their Calendar Weeks and Supplier numbers together. So ideally, if I filter Table 1 by supplier number, the measure should update the Sum of the inventory from Table 2 for that supplier but it doesn't. I can't get my mind around how to do it. What is the correct approach here?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back